Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The whirlwind that was March


We spent time with our family and friends in Tennessee, California, and Florida. We had a chance to have dinner with old friends from college. We shared what is going on with the Ship of Life, at two churches. We even squeezed in a couple of doctor visits. We ate our share of BBQ (the west Tennessee kind, thank you), Mexican, home-cookin’, Italian, In-N-Out, sushi, and hot dogs. It was a great trip!


with Jing Jing at LAX


not a bad set of rules

MeMe and PawPaw - Debbie's parents

with Matthew, Allison, and Paul Edward

speaking at the Niceville Church of Christ

our great-niece in Marina del Rey

with Matt, Terry, Jim, and Lisa
But, it seems all months are not equal – even when it is March (a 31-day one). There were not enough hours in each day, or not enough days in each week. I am not sure the problem, but we went non-stop, and still didn’t see everyone or do all that we had planned. Towards the end of the trip, I told Debbie we could not make this trip again, soon. I would not survive!

It was great to return to the ship. The crew happily greeted us. It was nice to sleep in our own bed. It was so good to enjoy Samath’s great cooking. Best of all, it was wonderful seeing the Khmer people and helping them, each day.

I am glad to be home. I think family should just come and see me, next time.

I think Reggie feels like I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment